Are you a dog lover who enjoys dining out with your furry friend? Do you want to discover some of the best places in Greenville, SC, where you can enjoy a delicious meal with your pup? If you answered yes to these questions, then you are in luck. Greenville is a city that loves dogs and has many dog-friendly dining options. You can find restaurants that cater to all kinds of tastes and preferences, from barbecue to tacos to burgers to craft beer. And the best part is, you can bring your dog along and make it a fun outing for both of you.
In this article, we will share with you some of the best dog-friendly restaurants in Greenville, SC, that you should check out. We will also give you some tips on how to make the most of your dining experience with your pup. By reading this article, you will:
- Learn about some of the best dog-friendly restaurants in Greenville, SC, that welcome dogs.
- Find out what kind of food, drinks, prices, locations, and reviews these restaurants have.
- Get some advice on how to prepare your dog for a restaurant visit and how to behave during your meal.
- Discover some other dog-friendly activities in Greenville, SC, that you can enjoy with your pup.
So, if you are ready to explore some of the best dog-friendly restaurants in Greenville, SC, keep reading!
What are some of the best dog-friendly restaurants in Greenville, SC?
There are many restaurants in Greenville that allow dogs on their outdoor patios or seating areas. However, not all of them are equally dog-friendly. Some of them go the extra mile to make your pup feel welcome and comfortable. They provide water bowls, treats, toys, blankets, and even special menus for your dog. They also have friendly and attentive staff who love dogs and will make sure you and your pup have a great time.
Here are some of the best dog-friendly restaurants in Greenville that you should check out:
1. Smoke on the Water
If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy some mouthwatering barbecue and comfort food with your pup, look no further than Smoke on the Water. This family and dog-friendly restaurant has a large outdoor patio that overlooks the beautiful Reedy River and Falls Park. They have a large outdoor patio with tables that are shaded by umbrellas, where your dog is welcome. They will often bring water bowls and treats for your pup.
2. Mac’s Speed Shop
Another dog-friendly barbecue restaurant in Greenville that you should check out is Mac’s Speed Shop. This is a beer, bikes, and BBQ joint that serves award-winning chicken, ribs, wings, brisket, BBQ pork, and over 200 craft beers. They have a small outdoor patio that is dog-friendly. They also have TVs that show sports games. Dogs are welcome on the patio and typically get water bowls and treats from the staff.
3. Willy Taco
Not in the mood for some BBQ? Willy Taco is a fun and lively restaurant serving some of the town’s best tacos. They have a spacious outdoor patio that welcomes dogs of all sizes. They also have TVs on the patio that show sports games and music videos. Your dog will get water bowls and treats.
4. Grill Marks
Grill Marks is a gourmet burger joint that boasts a dog-friendly patio in the heart of downtown Greenville. They have several outdoor tables that are shaded by umbrellas or awnings. Your dog is allowed on the patio, and they will get water bowls and treats.
5. Hanz and Franz Biergarten
Hanz and Franz Biergarten is a German restaurant and pub that offers authentic cuisine and beer. They have a large outdoor biergarten (patio) that is dog-friendly. Dogs are provided with water bowls and treats.
6. Yee-Haw Brewing Company
Yee-Haw Brewing Company is a brewery and restaurant that serves high-quality eats, craft brews, craft cocktails, and wine. They have a large outdoor seating area that is dog-friendly. They also have live music, events, and games.
7. Sticky Fingers
Sticky Fingers is a barbecue restaurant that specializes in ribs, wings, and sauces. They have a small outdoor patio that is dog-friendly.
Soby’s is a fine dining restaurant that serves contemporary cuisine with a southern twist. They have a cozy outdoor patio that is dog-friendly. They also have a wine cellar with over 500 selections.
9. Maple Street Biscuit Company
Maple Street Biscuit Company is a casual restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch, focusing on biscuits. They have several outdoor tables that are dog-friendly. They also have free Wi-Fi and coffee.
10. Sidewall Pizza
Sidewall Pizza is a pizza restaurant that offers handcrafted pizzas with fresh ingredients. Dogs are welcome on the large outdoor patio, but don’t be surprised if they beg for your pizza.
How to make the most of your dog-friendly dining experience in Greenville, SC?
Dining out with your dog can be a fun and rewarding experience for both of you. However, there are some things you should keep in mind to ensure that you and your pup have a good time. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your dog-friendly dining experience in Greenville, SC:
- Check the restaurant’s website or call ahead to confirm that they allow dogs and what their policies are. Some restaurants may have restrictions on the size, breed, or number of dogs they can accommodate.
- Make sure your dog is well-behaved and socialized. Your dog should be able to sit, stay, and follow your commands. Your dog should also be friendly and comfortable around other dogs and people. If your dog is aggressive, anxious, or noisy, bringing them to a restaurant may not be a good idea.
- Bring the essentials for your dog. You should have a leash, a collar, an ID tag, a water bowl, and some treats for your dog. You may also want to bring a toy or a blanket to keep your dog entertained and cozy. Do not feed your dog from the table or let them beg for food from other customers.
- Be respectful of the staff and other customers. You should keep your dog close to you and under your control at all times. You should also clean up after your dog and dispose of any waste properly. You should tip well and thank the staff for their hospitality.
What are some other dog-friendly activities in Greenville, SC?
If you are looking for some other dog-friendly activities in Greenville, SC, you have plenty of options to choose from. Greenville is a city that loves dogs and offers many opportunities for you and your pup to have fun and explore. Here are some of the best dog-friendly activities in Greenville, SC:
- Visit the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The Swamp Rabbit Trail is a 22-mile multi-use greenway that connects Greenville with Travelers Rest. It is a great place to walk, bike, or jog with your dog. You can enjoy the scenic views of the Reedy River, the downtown skyline, and the surrounding nature. There are also many cafes, restaurants, and shops along the way that welcome dogs.
- Go to the Conestee Dog Park. The Conestee Dog Park is a fenced-in area within the Lake Conestee Nature Park. It has two sections: one for large dogs and one for small dogs. It has plenty of space for your dog to run, play, and socialize with other dogs. It also has water stations, benches, and shade trees. The park is open from dawn to dusk every day.
- Explore Gather GVL. Gather GVL is an outdoor food hall that features 13 local vendors serving a variety of cuisines. It has a large outdoor seating area that is dog-friendly. You can enjoy delicious food from pizza, tacos, ice cream, and more with your pup. They also have live music, events, and games. They are open from 11 a.m. to 10 pm from Tuesday to Thursday, 11 am to 11 pm on Friday and Saturday, and 11 am to 8 pm on Sunday.